We are a non-denominational church, affiliated with the independent fellowship of Christian Churches throughout the world. We have no earthly headquarters or denominational connections.
The church was first organized as Littleton Christian Church in 1957. The first meeting was at North Elementary School on March 3, 1957. The church official incorporated on May 6, 1957 with 15 members. On March 2, 1958 ground breaking was held for the first building. An education building was added in 1965. In 1973, the auditorium was more than doubled in size. In 1985, the church purchased a house next door to use an an office building, the purchased additional land adjacent to the site during the next 4 years. in 1989, the auditorium was enlarged, additional education space was built, and the two buildings were joined together.
In March of 1994 our elders, deacons, and staff were led by the Lord to begin an earnest and prayerful investigation into relocation. In 1999, we found and purchased 25 acres just south of Highlands Ranch Parkway on Highway 85 (Santa Fe). The first phase of the new campus was completed and moved into in August 2004. At that time we changed our name to Valley View Christian Church.
In 2016 the process began for who would succeed Gene Barron as the Lead Pastor. Through much prayer and diligence the elders and congregation confirmed Phillip Holland to succeed Gene Barron. On November 19th, 2017, Gene Barron stepped down from his leadership of Valley View after 38 years of Godly service. Phillip Holland immediately transitioned into the role of Lead Pastor.
As we move forward into the future we are excited for who God is calling us to be and all that God will do through us! During the congregation's five decades of service, Valley View has worked together with other congregations to help several churches to be established in the Denver area.